Life is stranger than fiction. I realized it long ago, when I was blessed with the opportunity to visit the Shirdi Sai temple for only a few hours.
My husband and I were invited to attend our nephew's family wedding in Bombay. After the function, the honeymooning couple left for a romantic resort, and we started planning our short and sweet spiritual adventure. With very little time, we decided to visit the nearby town of Shirdi and have a Darshana of Sai Baba before heading to Delhi. The next day, when we reached there, evening was setting in, but we were fortunate to attend the evening aarti and prayers at the Sai temple. The day’s schedule was packed with many events. We also had to return to Bombay to catch a flight to Delhi that same evening. So the next morning, we managed our time efficiently, got ready, had Sai Darshana, donated handsomely, and stepped out to our waiting taxi. It was drizzling outside. I noticed that, despite the clouds and rain, a long queue was waiting outside to offer donations to feed the poor, which instantly inspired me to join the line, though I had only fifty-one rupees in my pocket. I looked back by having a tap on my shoulder. My husband politely said, “keep it for the next time, today we are in a hurry to return back.” Aware of our tight schedule, I got into the taxi back. As our flight was delayed for rain and storm, we reached Delhi after midnight and collapsed on the bed immediately. Hearing our helper Sanjay’s call I got up early morning.. He said someone has come to see me. So early , who can have an urgency to see me, I proceeded to the gate , and found an unknown man was waiting to see me with a photo of Sai baba in his hand. He said, he was going to Shirdi and has come to take fifty one rupees from me to offer there for Anna dan seva. I couldn’t believe that how an untold, intense desire can be heard by God. That precious fifty one rupees was still in my pocket, which I offered with much respect and felt intensely blessed .Such experiences become a source of inspiration, courage, and gratitude to our creator. Also they inspire us to navigate through life’s challenges with courage, confidence and with a hearty smile. Albert Einstein rightly said, “ coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous “
No comments:
Post a Comment